Results tagged ‘ Bark at The K ’
The Kansas City Royals wrap up the 2010 season with a seven-game homestand against two probable American League postseason contenders. The Royals first welcome the Minnesota Twins, who have clinched the A.L. Central title, to Kansas City for a three-game series, September 27-29, before the Tampa Bay Rays make their only trip of the season to Kauffman Stadium for a season-ending four-game series, September 30-October 3. The Rays continue to battle the New York Yankees for the A.L. East lead.
As a thank you to fans for their tremendous support during the 2010 campaign, the Royals have a number of fun promotions and special events planned for the final homestand, highlighted by the annual Futures Night festivities on October 1 and Fan Appreciation Night presented by Sprint on October 2.
Monday, September 27 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· Hy-Vee Royal Nite – All Hy-Vee Level tickets (excluding Hy-Vee Reserved Box) are just $5. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
Tuesday, September 28 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
Wednesday, September 29 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· All You Can Eat Seats – www.royals.com/allyoucaneat.
Thursday, September 30 – Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· INK College Night – www.royals.com/college.
· Youth Night – Hy-Vee Infield seats are just $3 for youth 14 and under at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office. There is a limit to three discounted tickets for every one regularly priced ticket for the same game. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
Friday, October 1 – Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· Futures Night – The Royals salute the Pitchers and Players of the Year from each minor league affiliate prior to the game. The prospects will participate in an autograph session from 5:30-6:15 p.m. at Gate A in the Outfield Experience before receiving their awards in a special pregame ceremony.
· Hy-Vee/Pepsi Fireworks Friday – A spectacular fireworks show after every Friday home game.
· Kurt Busch First Pitch – Penske Racing’s Kurt Busch, 2004 NASCAR Cup Champion, is scheduled to throw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to the game. Busch, who currently ranks fifth in the 2010 Sprint Cup standings, will be participating in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Price Chopper 400 presented by Kraft Foods at the Kansas Speedway on October 3.
· Bases Loaded 4-Pack – www.royals.com/basesloaded.
Saturday, October 2 – Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 6:10 p.m.
· Fan Appreciation Night presented by Sprint – The Royals reward fans for their tremendous support throughout the season with prize giveaways throughout the game. All fans in attendance have a chance to win autographed memorabilia, tickets to the club’s 2011 Opening Day game, Crown Seats and a Dugout Suite for a 2011 home game, gift certificates to the Majestic Team Store, MLB.com’s online shop, Hy-Vee and local restaurants, and gifts from DRI DUCK, Miller, Commerce Bank, Sprint, Anheuser-Busch and Aquafina.
· 610 Saturday – Enjoy great food, live music from Project DNA, and activities for fans of all ages prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. www.royals.com/610saturday.
· Shirts Off Their Backs – Royals Charities fundraiser in which fans can win a jersey straight from a Royals player! www.royals.com/shirts.
Sunday, October 3 – Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
· Fun Run presented by Sprint. All fans can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
· Royals 2011 Early-Bird Schedule & 2010 Team Photo – All fans in attendance receive a 2011 team schedule plus a 2010 team photo.
Bark at The K – In conjunction with MetroPet Magazine, the Royals are hosting the second annual Bark at The K. Proceeds from the event, which begins at 11:30 a.m., benefit the Greater Kansas City Humane Society, Half Way Home Pet Adoptions and Wayside Waifs. All three charities will offer adoptions during the event. All Bark at The K tickets must be purchased in advance. For more information and to purchase a package, which includes an exclusive Royals dog bowl, visit www.royals.com/bark. The dog bowl is part of the Bark at the K ticket package and not a general promotion.
· Bases Loaded 4-Pack – www.royals.com/basesloaded.
TRAFFIC REMINDER: The Royals would like to remind fans that Stadium Drive is currently closed at Raytown Road. To access parking on the west side of Kauffman Stadium, fans may proceed on Raytown Road past Stadium Drive and will be able to enter the Truman Sports Complex through Gate 5. To access parking on the east side of Kauffman Stadium, fans may continue on Raytown Road approximately one mile past Gate 5 and enter the complex through Gate 4.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.
In conjunction with MetroPet Magazine, the Royals are hosting the second annual Bark at The K event at Kauffman Stadium on Sunday, October 3 when the Royals close out the 2010 season with a 1:10 p.m. matinee against the Tampa Bay Rays.
Proceeds from the event benefit the Greater Kansas City Humane Society, Half Way Home Pet Adoptions and Wayside Waifs. All three charities will offer adoptions during the event.
A limited number of ticket packages for Bark at The K are available for purchase at www.royals.com/bark. A Bark at The K ticket package includes two tickets (one human ticket and one canine ticket), a Royals dog bowl (pictured above), and a donation to the designated charities. Fans may purchase a ticket package for $25 as well as additional human tickets for $15 each (maximum six additional tickets). Additional ticket purchases also include a donation to the designated charities. Seats will be located in Field Box sections 107-109 and Field Plaza sections 206-209.
Bark at The K begins when the gates open at 11:30 a.m., and all Bark at The K tickets must be purchased in advance by Friday, October 1. Tickets may be picked up on the day of the event only at a special “Bark at The K” will call table located outside of Gate A at Kauffman Stadium beginning at 11:00 a.m. No tickets will be mailed or available for pickup in advance.
Discounted group tickets of 20 or more may be purchased by calling (816) 504-4390. Season Ticket Holders that already have game tickets may contact the club’s Ticket Service staff at (816) 504-4040 – option 3 or email@example.com for more information on purchasing package items.
A dog park will be set up outside Gate A for the event. Each dog in attendance must have a canine ticket and be accompanied by an “owner.” Fans with two or more dogs must have an additional “owner” accompanying the additional canine. Fans purchasing a Bark at The K package must agree to terms of a waiver on www.royals.com/bark and will also be asked to sign a waiver prior to entering the event.
Fans wanting to learn more about Bark at The K and to read suggestions regarding bringing a dog to the event are encouraged to visit www.royals.com/bark.