Homestand Highlights: July 10 – 13
The Royals return home on Thursday, July 10 for a four-game series against the Detroit Tigers. Throughout the brief homestand that leads up to the All-Star Break, the Royals will host great events including the first ever Legends Night (July 11), Viva Los Royals (July 12) and KidsFest (July 13). In addition, fans can also get great giveaways including an All-Star Summer Guide (July 10) and the second bobblehead of the player series (July 12). Please see below for more information.
Thursday, July 10 – Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
• GordoNation – Fans can enjoy being a part of GordoNation, a special seating section in left field that will be reserved for die-hard Alex Gordon fans on Thursday home games throughout the season. The first 100 GordoNation fans will also receive an Alex Gordon big head. Tickets cost $35 and come with a gold GordoNation t-shirt. For details, visit http://www.royals.com/gordonation.
• MLB All-Star Summer Guides Giveaway – The first 10,000 fans will receive an MLB All-Star Summer Guide.
• All You Can Eat Seats – Fans can purchase All You Can Eat Seats located in the Loge Level (Sec. 318 – 325), which include unlimited ballpark fare. All the hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, pretzels and Pepsi products you can handle for $40 per seat! Individual and group discount tickets are available. For details, visit http://www.royals.com/allyoucaneat.
Friday, July 11 – Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
• Legends Night – The Royals are excited to host the first ever Legends Night, courtesy of Royals Authentics. Two-time Cy Young Award winner Bret Saberhagen will be by the Royals Authentics store meeting fans and signing autographs from 5:30-6:30 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.royals.com/legendsnight.
• Scratch-Off Ticket – In conjunction with Legends Night, the first 10,000 fans will get a scratch-off ticket with a chance to win great prizes including Saberhagen autographed items and Royals Authentics store discounts!
• First Responders Night – The Royals and GovX are proud to salute members of the military and first responders. During select games throughout the season, members will be honored during a pregame presentation. In addition, specially-priced tickets will also be available throughout the season. For more information, visit http://www.GovX.com/Royals.
• Buck Night – Hot dogs, small Pepsi products and peanuts are just $1 each all night long. http://www.royals.com/fanvalue.
• Summer Fireworks – Fans will enjoy a spectacular fireworks show, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi, after the game.
Saturday, July 12 – Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 6:10 p.m.
• Viva Los Royals – Join the Royals for the annual Viva Los Royals celebration. The pregame party begins at 4:30 p.m. in the Outfield Experience. Fans can enjoy live music from Willy Vela y sus Aguilillos on the Outfield Experience Stage. Also, fans can participate in the annual Salsa Showdown featuring local restaurants including Palominos, El Camino Real, Cocina Mexicana and La Flor de Chiapas for their chance to take home the prize of best salsa.
• Salvador Perez Bobblehead Night – The first 10,000 fans will receive a bobblehead of Royals catcher Salvador Perez, courtesy of Hy-Vee and Farmland.
• 610 Saturday – The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for special pregame festivities outside Rivals Sports Bar that include 610 Sports Radio personalities, special guests, food and drink specials and much more. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special – Southwest Firecracker Egg Rolls for just $6.10 – in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Listen to 610 Sports Radio and receive a coupon code to purchase a ticket for only $6.10 in the Hy-Vee Infield. http://www.royals.com/610saturday.
Sunday, July 13 – Detroit Tigers vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
• KidsFest presented by Subway – Before the game, kids and fans young at heart can enjoy lots of entertainment and activities in the Outfield Experience including a concert by School of Rock, an autograph session with Sluggerrr, face painters, balloon artist, stilt walker, poster station and plenty more! Gates open at 11:30 a.m. For more information, visit http://www.royals.com/kidsfest.
• Kids Coloring Book – In conjunction with KidsFest, the first 5,000 kids will get a Sluggerrr coloring book, courtesy of the Kansas City Zoo.
• Family FunDay Sunday – Each Sunday home game features pregame interactive kids entertainment by School of Rock, plus face painters, caricature or balloon artists in the Outfield Experience. New this season, fans also have the opportunity to get pregame autographs with select players each Sunday. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. In addition, the Royals are offering a Family FunDay Sunday 4-Pack that includes four Hy-Vee Infield tickets, $10 in loaded value per ticket to use for concessions and merchandise and four All-Day Play Passes – over $150 in value – for just $80! http://www.royals.com/sunday.
• Sunday Fun Run – All fans 14 and under can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.