After starting the season with a three-game road trip in Detroit, the Kansas City Royals make their 2014 home debut by hosting the Chicago White Sox and the Tampa Bay Rays. During their first homestand, the Royals introduce a new contest, bring back fan favorite events and offer great ticket deals. Please see below for more information.
Friday, April 4: OPENING DAY – Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 3:10 p.m.
• 2014 Magnetic Schedule – All fans will receive a 2014 magnetic schedule courtesy of Sprint.
• Hy-Vee Stage – Start the game on the right note with Project Mayhem! The local band will perform a pregame concert on the Hy-Vee Stage located near Gate B.
• Special Entertainment in the Outfield Experience – Free pregame face painting and balloon art along with a live performance by the Grain Valley High School Jazz Band.
• Play It Forward Contest presented by Missouri Lotto – Fans can help select the 2014 sixth-inning sing-along song through a new bracket-style contest! From April 4th through June 7th, fans in the ballpark will vote for one of two songs that will be announced during pregame by KMBZ Radio’s Dana Wright and Scott Parks of “Dana & Parks” on CrownVision. The song with the most votes will be played during the sixth inning of that same game, and the overall contest winner will be played in the remaining games of the 2014 season. http://www.royals.com/playitforward
Saturday, April 5 – Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
• 610 Saturday – The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for special pregame festivities outside Rivals Sports Bar that include 610 Sports Radio personalities, special guests, food and drink specials and much more. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special – Rivals Tacos for just $6.10 – in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Listen to 610 Sports Radio and receive a coupon code to purchase a ticket for only $6.10 in the Hy-Vee Infield. http://www.royals.com/610saturday.
Sunday, April 6 – Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
• Family FunDay Sunday – Each Sunday home game features pregame interactive kids entertainment by School of Rock, plus face painters, caricature or balloon artists in the Outfield Experience. New this season, fans also have the opportunity to get pregame autographs with select players each Sunday. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. In addition, the Royals are offering a Family FunDay Sunday 4-Pack that include four Hy-Vee Infield tickets, $10 in loaded value per ticket to use for concessions and merchandise, and four All-Day Play Passes – over $150 in value – for just $80! http://www.royals.com/sunday.
• Sunday Fun Run – All fans 14 and under can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Monday, April 7 – Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
• Play It Forward Contest presented by Missouri Lotto – The Play it Forward contest continues as “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks tries to continue its reign as Kauffman Stadium’s sixth inning song when it goes up against Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin’.” Fans can vote during the game and the winner will be played during the sixth inning and move on to the next round of the bracket. http://www.royals.com/playitforward
• Value Monday – All Hy-Vee Level tickets, excluding Hy-Vee Box, are just $8 courtesy of Hy-Vee. http://www.royals.com/fanvalue.
Tuesday, April 8 – Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
Wednesday, April 9 – Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
• Student “Night” presented by INK Magazine – Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for Wednesday home games for youth and students with a valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $8. Select tickets are also available online at http://www.royals.com/studentnight. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights include pregame food and beverage specials available at the Crown Classic concession area.
• Local Music Showcase presented by INK Magazine – Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday Student Night also features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Performing for the first showcase of the season will be the local indie pop rock band, Antennas Up. For details, visit http://www.royals.com/studentnight.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.
The Royals announced today that they have secured outright waivers on outfielder Carlos Peguero and assigned him to Triple-A Omaha.
Peguero, 27, was acquired by the Royals from Seattle on January 29, and hit .313 with 2 homers and 8 RBI in 18 games for KC during Spring Training. He was designated for assignment on March 25. Kansas City’s Major League roster remains at 39 players.