HOMESTAND HIGHLIGHTS: APRIL 18-20
The Kansas City Royals will return home to host the Minnesota Twins in a three-game series over the Easter weekend. Both the Saturday and Sunday games will have afternoon starts and see the return of some fan-favorite programs. In addition, the Royals will debut Royals Memories, a new program available exclusively through the MLB.com At the Ballpark application, that allows fans to purchase one-of-a-kind ballpark experiences. Please see below for more information.
Friday, April 18 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
• Royals Memories Program Debuts – Fans can now purchase special on-field experiences exclusively through the MLB.com At the Ballpark app for Android and iPhone. All available Royals Memories experience packages, which are subject to availability and always changing, will be released at least two days prior to every homestand. During the Twins series, fans can purchase a Royals batting practice package, an opportunity to play catch on the field following the game or a postgame photo opportunity on the field by clicking on “upgrades” in the app.
• Focus on Driving Night presented by Sprint – April is National Distracted Driving Awareness month, and the Royals are teaming up with Sprint to provide information on the dangers of distracted driving. The first 10,000 fans will also receive a Royals phone pouch courtesy of Sprint.
• Play It Forward Contest presented by Missouri Lottery – Round one of the bracket-style contest continues as the fans vote for the new sixth inning sing-a-long song. During each game until June 7, fans in the ballpark will vote for one of two songs that will be announced during pregame by KMBZ Radio’s Dana Wright and Scott Parks of “Dana & Parks” on CrownVision. The song with the most votes will be played during the sixth inning of that same game, and the overall contest winner will be played in the remaining games of the 2014 season. http://www.royals.com/playitforward
Saturday, April 19 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
• 610 Saturday – The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for special pregame festivities outside Rivals Sports Bar that include 610 Sports Radio personalities, special guests, food and drink specials and much more. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special – Mini Dog Slammers for just $6.10 – in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Listen to 610 Sports Radio and receive a coupon code to purchase a ticket for only $6.10 in the Hy-Vee Infield. http://www.royals.com/610saturday.
Sunday, April 20 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
• Family FunDay Sunday – Each Sunday home game features pregame interactive kids entertainment by School of Rock, plus face painters, caricature or balloon artists in the Outfield Experience. New this season, fans also have the opportunity to get pregame autographs with select players each Sunday. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. In addition, the Royals are offering a Family FunDay Sunday 4-Pack that include four Hy-Vee Infield tickets, $10 in loaded value per ticket to use for concessions and merchandise, and four All-Day Play Passes – over $150 in value – for just $80! http://www.royals.com/sunday.
• Sunday Fun Run – All fans 14 and under can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.