Homestand Highlights: May 23-28
The Royals return to Kauffman Stadium for a long Memorial Day weekend, which includes three consecutive matinee games. Following two evening games against the Los Angeles Angels to start the homestand, the Royals will take on the Angels in 1:10 p.m. contests on Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26. The Royals will then celebrate Memorial Day on Monday, May 27 with a special 1:10 p.m. game against the St. Louis Cardinals before closing out the I-70 Series and homestand with a 7:10 p.m. game on Tuesday, May 28. The holiday weekend is packed with special events, highlight by Faith & Family Day presented by Hobby Lobby on Saturday, the annual Bark at the Park on Sunday and an Armed Forces Day tribute presented by Budweiser on Memorial Day. The homestand will also feature great giveaways, including the Ketchup Bobblehead and an I-70 Interleague Series T-Shirt Tuesday, as well as the return of fan favorites including Buck Night and Summer Fireworks.
Thursday, May 23 – Los Angeles Angels vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
• Frenchy Quarter Thursday – Frenchy Quarter is back! For select Thursday home games, fans will be able to purchase a $21 ticket that includes a Frenchy Quarter T-Shirt, blue Mardi Gras beads and a seat in Jeff Francoeur’s cheering section in the right Outfield Box. This is a $35 value. www.royals.com/frenchy.
• All You Can Eat Seats – Fans can purchase All You Can Eat Seats located in the Loge Level (Sec. 318 – 325), which include unlimited ballpark fare. All the hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, pretzels and Pepsi products you can handle for $40 per seat! Individual and group discount tickets available. For details, visit www.royals.com/allyoucaneat.
Friday, May 24 – Los Angeles Angels vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
• Buck Night – Hot dogs, small Pepsi products and peanuts are just $1 each all night long. www.royals.com/fanvalue. • Summer Fireworks – Fans will enjoy a spectacular fireworks show, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi, after the game.
Saturday, May 25 – Los Angeles Angels vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
• Faith and Family Day presented by Hobby Lobby – The postgame festivities include appearances by pitcher Luke Hochevar and his teammates, as well as Angels stars Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton! Christian rock and modern worship group Crowder will also perform. Tickets for the game and postgame event start at just $10! www.royals.com/faith.
• 610 Saturdays – The Royals have teamed up with Entercom and 610 Sports Radio for special pregame festivities outside Rivals Sports Bar that include 610 Sports Radio personalities, special guests, food and drink specials and much more. Fans can enjoy the 610 Saturday Appetizer Special – Loaded Potato Skins for just $6.10 – in Rivals Sports Bar from the time the gates open until the first pitch. Listen to 610 Sports Radio and receive a coupon code to purchase a ticket for only $6.10 in the Hy-Vee Infield. www.royals.com/610saturday.
Sunday, May 26 – Los Angeles Angels vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
• Bark at The Park – The Royals host the fifth annual Bark at the Park during the series finale. Reserve your seats – all tickets to sit with your canine must be purchased in advance – by visiting www.royals.com/bark. Each ticket package includes a dog leash and a donation to Wayside Waifs. Prior to the game, fans can visit a number of vendors and activities set up in the Outfield Experience beginning at 11:30 a.m. For more information and to purchase a package, visit www.royals.com/bark. (The giveaway, pictured at right, is only with the ticket package).
• Family FunDay Sunday – Each Sunday home game features face painters, caricature and balloon artists and live family-friendly entertainment in the Outfield Experience courtesy of Radio Disney. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. In addition, the Royals are offering a Family FunDay Sunday 4-Pack that include four Hy-Vee Infield tickets, $10 in loaded value per ticket to use for concessions and merchandise, and four All-Day Play Passes – over $150 in value – for just $80! www.royals.com/sunday.
• Fun Run presented by Sprint – All fans can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Monday, May 27 – St. Louis Cardinals vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
• Armed Forces Day presented by Budweiser – Join us for a special pregame ceremony honoring the men and women who serve our country. Members of the military will also be honored throughout the game through the Buck O’Neil Legacy Seat and Our Heroes program, as well as other special in-game features.
• Miniature American Flags – The first 20,000 fans will receive miniature American flags, courtesy of the National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial.
• T-shirt Tuesday – The first 10,000 fans will receive a t-shirt highlighting the I-70 Interleague Series, courtesy of TEVA.
• Nurse Appreciation Night – Area nurses can purchase discounted tickets as part of Nurse Appreciation Night at the ballpark presented by TEVA. www.royals.com/teva. • University of Kansas Hospital Health Awareness Night: Transplant Awareness – The Royals and The University of Kansas Hospital will recognize kidney and liver transplant recipients and the physicians who make complex procedures like split-liver and living-donor transplants possible.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.