Homestand highlights: July 31 – August 5
The Royals finish an exciting month of baseball and turn the calendar to August during a six-game homestand against the Cleveland Indians and Texas Rangers, July 31-August 5.
The Indians series features a T-Shirt Tuesday, INK Student Night/Local Music Showcase and Frenchy Quarter Thursday. In addition, the club will host its first-ever Social Media Night on Wednesday, August 1.
The Texas Rangers then make their first visit to Kauffman Stadium in 2012 with a three-game weekend series. The weekend begins with a special Retro Night, featuring a Mr. Royal Retro Lunchbox giveaway on Friday, followed by Faith & Family Night on Saturday and KidsFest on Sunday.
Please note that the Saturday, August 4 game vs. the Texas Rangers will begin at 5:10 p.m. to accommodate the Faith & Family Night postgame events.
· T-Shirt Tuesday – The first 10,000 fans get a royal blue t-shirt featuring the Kansas City skyline courtesy of Sprint.
Wednesday, August 1 – Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
Social Media Night – The Royals and FOX Sports Kansas City host the first-ever Social Media Night. Fans who follow the Royals official Twitter feed, @Royals, or “like” the Royals official Facebook page at www.facebook.com/royals may purchase a special ticket package for $35. In addition to a ticket in the Outfield Box, the package includes a pregame social hour on the Budweiser Party Deck starting at 5:30 p.m., an exclusive @Royals t-shirt, $10 in loaded value for concession or merchandise purchases and a chance to win Royals prizes throughout the event. Pitcher Danny Duffy and FSKC’s Joel Goldberg will take part in a special Q&A session during the pregame social hour. For more information, visit www.royals.com/socialmedianight.
INK Student Night – Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for all Wednesday home games for high school and college students with valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $7. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights include a $7 hot dog and beverage special at the Boulevard Grill in the Outfield Experience.
INK Local Music Showcase – Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday INK Student Night also features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Apples for Archers will be performing prior to the Indians-Royals game. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
· Youth Night – Hy-Vee Infield tickets are just $7 for youth 14 and under with an adult ticket. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
Thursday, August 2 – Cleveland Indians vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· Frenchy Quarter Thursday – Be part of the newest fan section! For select Thursday home games, fans will be able to purchase a $21 ticket that includes a Frenchy Quarter T-Shirt, blue Mardi Gras beads and a seat in Jeff Francoeur’s cheering section in the right Outfield Box. This is a $35 value. www.royals.com/frenchy.
· All You Can Eat Seats – Fans can purchase All You Can Eat Seats located in the Loge Level (Sec. 318 – 325), which include unlimited ballpark fare. All the hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, pretzels and Pepsi products you can handle for $40 per seat! Individual and group discount tickets available. For details, visit www.royals.com/allyoucaneat.
· Cain to Meet Fans at Taco Bell – Outfielder Lorenzo Cain will meet fans and sign autographs at Taco Bell, located across from Kauffman Stadium at 4017 Blue Ridge Cut-Off in Kansas City, Mo., from noon-1 p.m. Fans are invited to come out and meet Cain during this free event.
· Retro Night – Relive the 1980s with Retro Night at Kauffman Stadium! The event features 1980s ticket pricing with Hy-Vee Infield tickets priced at only $7! Retro entertainment will include a pregame concert by ‘80s cover band, The Shanks, at the Outfield Experience stage and special in-game features. www.royals.com/retro.
· Mr. Royal Retro Lunchbox – In conjunction with Retro Night festivities, the first 20,000 fans receive a Mr. Royal Retro Lunchbox courtesy of FOX Sports Kansas City.
· Fireworks Friday – A spectacular fireworks show after every Friday home game, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi.
Saturday, August 4 – Texas Rangers vs. Royals, 5:10 p.m.
Faith & Family Night – The annual Faith & Family Day celebration presented by Hobby Lobby features a postgame appearance and speech by Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton, who credits his Christian faith with helping overcome his battles with substance abuse. The event also features a postgame performance by top performing Christian pop/rock band Building 429. The festivities will take place inside Kauffman Stadium following the Rangers-Royals game. A game ticket is required for admittance. Faith & Family Night fans may purchase tickets starting at just $8 by visiting www.royals.com/faith. To purchase discounted group tickets, call (816) 504-4040, option 4, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· 610 Saturday – Enjoy great activities and live music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. www.royals.com/610saturdays.
· KidsFest – Join us for a special day at Kauffman Stadium for all young Royals fans and kids at heart! Gates to the ballpark will open at 11:30 a.m. for the KidsFest festivities in the Outfield Experience, which include a pregame concert by the School of Rock, an autograph session with Sluggerrr and members of the K Crew, and interactive booths presented by Royals partners. Fans can also enjoy Family FunDay Sunday activities.
· Kids Sports Necklace – The first 5,000 kids 14 years and under receive an exclusive Royals Kids Sports Necklace presented by Chevy.
· Family FunDay Sunday – Each Sunday home game features face painters, caricature and balloon artists and live family-friendly entertainment in the Outfield Experience courtesy of Radio Disney. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. www.royals.com/sunday.
· Fun Run presented by Sprint – All fans can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.