Homestand Highlights: June 22-27
The Royals return Friday for a six-game homestand, highlighted by the return of the I-70 Series against the St. Louis Cardinals this weekend, June 22-24. Great tickets are still available for all three games, including a special Saturday matinee beginning at 1:10 p.m.
The Royals will go “Hollywood” during the rivalry weekend when Kansas City natives Paul Rudd, Jason Sudeikis, Rob Riggle and Eric Stonestreet join other stars of television and film for a Celebrity Classic Wiffle Ball Game at the U.S. Toy Little K on Friday. Gates to the ballpark will open early at 5 p.m. with the wiffle ball game set to begin at 5:30 p.m. Fans are encouraged to arrive early as seating is limited.
The homestand continues as the Tampa Bay Rays, postseason contenders three of the last four years, make their only visit of the season for a three-game series, June 25-27. The series, highlighted by a vintage powder blue T-Shirt Tuesday giveaway, marks the final home games for the Royals until after the 2012 MLB All-Star Game at Kauffman Stadium on July 10.
Friday, June 22 – St. Louis Cardinals vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 7:10 p.m.
· Celebrity Classic Game presented by Big Slick Poker Tournament & Party – The Royals host Kansas City natives Paul Rudd, Rob Riggle, Jason Sudeikis and Eric Stonestreet, as well as other celebrity guests, for a Wiffle Ball Game at the U.S. Toy Little K. Gates to the ballpark open early at 5 p.m. with the game set to begin at 5:30 p.m. Limited seating will be available, so fans are encouraged to arrive early.
· Fireworks Friday – A spectacular fireworks show after every Friday home game, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi.
Saturday, June 23 – St. Louis Cardinals vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 1:10 p.m.
· 610 Saturday – Enjoy great activities and music from Noe Palma prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. www.royals.com/610saturdays.
· Health Awareness Day: Strike Out Skin Cancer – The University of Kansas Hospital will address the importance of identifying and preventing skin cancer by distributing sunscreen at the gates to the first 15,000 fans and sponsoring a special CrownVision message from Sluggerrr.
Sunday, June 24 – St. Louis Cardinals vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 1:10 p.m.
Rally House/Kansas Sampler Gift Card Giveaway – The first 10,000 fans receive a $5 coupon for merchandise at any Rally House or Kansas Sampler location.
Family FunDay Sunday – This Sunday, the Royals welcome special guest Billy Unger from the Disney😄 hit series, “Lab Rats,” for a Meet and Greet near the Outfield Experience Stage from 11:30am to noon. Each Sunday home game features face painters, caricature and balloon artists and live family-friendly entertainment in the Outfield Experience courtesy of Radio Disney. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. www.royals.com/sunday.
· Fun Run presented by Sprint – All fans can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
· Water Awareness Night – The Royals partner with Grundfos, the Official Pump and Pump Systems Provider of the Royals, for Water Awareness Night. The importance of water use and efficiency will be highlighted through information cards distributed at the gates.
· Reusable Water Bottle – In conjunction with Water Awareness Night, the first 10,000 fans receive a reusable Royals water bottle courtesy of Grundfos.
· Value Monday – All Hy-Vee Level tickets (excluding Hy-Vee Box) are just $7. www.royals.com/fanvalue
· T-Shirt Tuesday – The first 10,000 fans get a powder blue, vintage logo t-shirt courtesy of Farmland.
Wednesday, June 27 – Tampa Bay Rays vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
INK Student “Night” – Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for all Wednesday home games for high school and college students with valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $7. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights include a $7 hot dog and beverage special at the Boulevard Grill in the Outfield Experience.
INK Local Music Showcase – Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday INK Student Night also features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Quiet Corral will be performing prior to the Rays-Royals game. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
· Youth Night – Hy-Vee Infield tickets are just $7 for youth 14 and under with an adult ticket. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.