Homestand Highlights: August 15 – 21
The Kansas City Royals return Monday for a seven-game homestand against the powers of the American League East – the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox. Great tickets are still available to cheer on the Royals as Kansas City takes on the Yankees in a three-game series, August 15-17, followed by a four-game weekend series with the Red Sox, August 18-21. The homestand marks the only visit of the season by both clubs in 2011.
The week is highlighted by great ticket deals, special events and live entertainment for the whole family.
Monday, August 15 – New York Yankees vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
Tuesday, August 16 – New York Yankees vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Fans Can Meet Butler at Hy-Vee – Billy Butler will meet fans and sign autographs at the new Hy-Vee store located at 5330 NW 64th Street (just west of I-29 and Highway 71) in Kansas City, Mo., in support of the Pepsi MAX Field of Dreams program. Fans are invited to come out and meet Butler during this free event from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Fans can vote for their 11-man dream team of baseball legends and be entered to win the chance to take on the Field of Dreams team on their home turf next spring by visiting www.mlb.com/PepsiMAX or texting “PEPSIMAX” to 41623 to receive instructions on how to vote via their mobile device.
Wednesday, August 17 – New York Yankees vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- INK Student Night – Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for all Wednesday home games for high school and college students with valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $7. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights feature live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience and include a $7 hot dog and beverage special at the Crown Classic concession stand in the Outfield Experience prior to the game. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
INK Local Music Showcase – Catch a free pregame concert on us. With support from 96.5 The Buzz, every Wednesday INK Student Night features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. The Good Foot will be performing prior to the Yankees-Royals game. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
Thursday, August 18 – Boston Red Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- All You Can Eat Seats – It’s another All You Can Eat Seats night! Fans can purchase All You Can Eat Seats located in the Loge Level (Sec. 318 – 325), which include unlimited ballpark fare. All the hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, pretzels and Pepsi products you can handle for one low price! Individual and group discount tickets available. For details, visit www.royals.com/allyoucaneat.
Friday, August 19 – Boston Red Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Hy-Vee/Pepsi Fireworks Fridays – A spectacular fireworks show after every Friday home game.
- Heart & Hustle Award – The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association honors Alex Gordon as the Royals recipient of the Heart and Hustle Award, which recognizes players who best demonstrate a passion for the game.
- Royals Koozie – The first 10,000 fans receive blue Royals Koozie presented by the University of Kansas Hospital. (photo attached) The koozie features the basic tips for dealing with sprains and strains.
- Health Awareness Day – Health professionals from the University of Kansas Hospital will be on hand to distribute information and gifts to fans while helping them learn valuable information about staying healthy.
- 610 Saturday – Enjoy great activities, including face painters and live music, prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. For details, visit www.royals.com/610saturdays
Sunday, August 21 – Boston Red Sox vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- K-State Day at The K – Supporters of Kansas State University can join fellow Wildcats for a day of big league action. The festivities, presented by FOX Sports Kansas City, include a reserved tailgate location in Lot N and appearances from K-State coaches and Kansas City area Wildcat student-athletes. Also, the first 700 Wildcat fans who bring their K-State Day discounted ticket to the K-State table inside Hy-Vee Gate B will receive a limited edition white and royal purple KC Royals K-State cap. (photo attached) Gates open at 11:30 a.m. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.royals.com/kstate. To reserve a group of 20 or more tickets, call (816) 504-4165.
- Family FunDay Sunday – The August 21 festivities feature face painters, a caricature artist and live family-friendly entertainment from Vocalocity. Fans can also enjoy the All-Day Play Pass for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience for just $10. www.royals.com/sunday.
- Fun Run presented by Sprint – All fans can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
- Bases Loaded 4-Pack for $60 – Get four Hy-Vee Infield tickets and $10 in loaded value per ticket. www.royals.com/basesloaded.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.