Broadcast auction set for June 8
If you would like to throw out a first pitch at Kauffman Stadium, run in the Hot Dog Derby, or have a suite night with George Brett, take a look…those are a few of the awesome experiences available in the Broadcast Auction, set for Wednesday, June 8.
The second annual event will feature a special on-air auction, giving viewers the opportunity to bid on 10 unique ballpark experiences. The auction begins at 6:30 p.m. during the Hy-Vee Royals LIVE pre-game show and continues throughout the game telecast. All proceeds from the event will benefit Royals Charities.
Fans will have an opportunity to support Royals Charities by phoning in bids for unique experiences including ceremonial first pitch honors, a suite night with George Brett, or private lessons with Billy Butler, Bruce Chen or Jeff Francoeur. Most experiences include game tickets in the BATS Crown Club.
Experiences scheduled to be auctioned off are listed below.
• Television/Radio Broadcast Experience for Two
• Hitting Lessons with Billy Butler for Three
• Pitching Lessons with Bruce Chen for Three
• Fielding Lessons with Jeff Francoeur for Three
• Ceremonial First Pitch Honors with Opportunity to Run in the Kauffman Stadium Hot Dog Race
• Let’s Play Ball: Batting Practice Session at Kauffman Stadium for Six
• Behind the Scenes at the Ballpark: Visits with Dayton Moore & Ned Yost; Clubhouse & Batting Practice Tour
• Suite Night with George Brett – Tuesday, August 16 vs. New York Yankees
• Spring Training Trip for Two to Surprise, Ariz.
• U2 Concert at Busch Stadium Package
Bids may be placed that evening by calling (816) 504-4040. Fans are encouraged to visit www.royals.com/broadcastauction for complete package details.
In addition, Royals Charities will also offer a limited number of exclusive Royals ticket packages during the Broadcast Auction. Fans may purchase the package – valued at over $330 – for just $99 and choose from the following game dates:
• Saturday, July 23 vs. Tampa Bay Rays – 6:10 p.m.
• Monday, August 15 vs. New York Yankees – 7:10 p.m.
• Saturday, September 17 vs. Chicago White Sox – 6:10 p.m.
Each package includes:
• Four Loge Box Tickets ● Four All-Day Passes for Outfield Experience Games
• Royals T-Shirt ● Reserved Parking Pass
• Royals Gray Replica Jersey ● Game-Used Autographed Baseball