Photos: Salute to the Kansas City A’s
Saturday’s pregame festivities featured a Salute to the Kansas City A’s. Hall of Fame manager Tommy Lasorda, a member of the 1956 A’s, was on hand. (Side note – Lasorda spent time as a Royal, that is, in Montreal. The Montreal Royals were the Dodgers’ Triple-A affiliate during Lasorda’s playing career.)
Let’s take a look at the photos:
- Two young fans had their picture taken with a Missouri mule, which was outfitted with Charlie O.’s original blanket. Charlie Finley anointed Charlie O as the Kansas City A’s mascot.
- Two legends – Tommy Lasorda with groundskeeping great George Toma.
- Lew Krausse, who debuted with the A’s at age 18, threw out a ceremonial first pitch. Brayan Pena was his catcher for the first pitch.
- Lasorda chatting with KC outfielder Jeff Francoeur.
- Kansas City A’s alumni and former groundskeeper George Toma were honored during the pregame ceremony.