Homestand Highlights: March 31 – April 6
The Kansas City Royals celebrate the start of the 2011 campaign with a homestand packed with special events and promotions. The opening homestand features fan-favorite giveaways, live entertainment for the entire family, great ticket promotions, and special events including the Royals’ Futures Game and a KU vs. MU baseball showdown.
Thursday, March 31: OPENING DAY – Los Angeles Angels vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 3:10 p.m.
Friday, April 1 – Los Angeles Angels vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 7:10 p.m.
· Hy-Vee/Pepsi Fireworks Fridays – A spectacular fireworks show after every Friday home game.
· Bases Loaded 4-Pack for $80 – Get four Hy-Vee Infield tickets and $10 in loaded value per ticket. www.royals.com/basesloaded.
Saturday, April 2 – Los Angeles Angels vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 12:10 p.m.
· 2011 Magnetic Schedule – All fans will receive a 2011 magnetic schedule courtesy of Sprint.
· Royals’ Futures Game – Fans can catch a glimpse of the future as the Omaha Storm Chasers and the Northwest Arkansas Naturals match up for an exhibition game at Kauffman Stadium. With a Royals game ticket for the 12:10 p.m. game against the Angels, fans are invited to stay for the Minor League action set to begin approximately 30 minutes after the Major League game. For more information, visit www.royals.com/futuresgame.
· 610 Saturday – Enjoy great activities and live music from County Road 5 prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. For details, visit www.royals.com/610saturdays.
Sunday, April 3 – Los Angeles Angels vs. Royals presented by Sprint, 1:10 p.m.
· Family FunDay Sunday – New in 2011! Each Sunday home game will include face painters, caricature or balloon artists and live family-friendly entertainment in the Outfield Experience. Fans can also enjoy the All-Day Play Pass for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience for just $10. www.royals.com/sunday.
· Fun Run presented by Sprint – All fans can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).
· Bases Loaded 4-Pack for $60 – Get four Hy-Vee Infield tickets and $10 in loaded value per ticket. www.royals.com/basesloaded.
· $84 Spring Play Pack for $25 – Purchase a Spring Play Pack for any Sunday-Thursday game from April 3 to June 2 (excluding 5/22) and receive two Field Plaza tickets (sections 206-210) with $5 in loaded value per ticket for concessions and merchandise. The package also includes two Play Passes for access to free unlimited games in the Outfield Experience to use day of game – over an $80 value – all for just $25! For details, visit www.royals.com/playpack.
Tuesday, April 5 – Chicago White Sox vs. Royals presented by Pepsi Max, 7:10 p.m.
· T-Shirt Tuesday – The first 10,000 fans receive an exclusive Royals logo baseball T-shirt presented by Pepsi Max. (Photo attached.) For details, visit www.royals.com/tshirttuesday.
· $84 Spring Play Pack for $25 – www.royals.com/playpack
Wednesday, April 6 – Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
INK Student Night – Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for all Wednesday home games for high school and college students with valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $7. Seating is subject to availability. New in 2011, all Student Nights will feature live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. All Student Nights include a $7 hot dog and beverage special at the Crown Classic concession stand in the Outfield Experience. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
INK Local Music Showcase – Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday Student Night will feature live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. Performing for the first showcase of the season will be Sons of Great Dane. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
· KU vs. MU Baseball Game – Kauffman Stadium will once again be the site of a Big 12 Conference baseball showdown between the University of Kansas Jayhawks and the University of Missouri Tigers presented by Hy-Vee. With a Royals game ticket for the 1:10 p.m. game against the Chicago White Sox, fans are invited to stay for the college action following the Major League game.
· $84 Spring Play Pack for $25 – www.royals.com/playpack.
TRAFFIC REMINDER: The Royals would like to remind fans that the new Blue Ridge Cutoff Bridge will be open with limited exit ramp access for the start of the 2011 season. However, the club anticipates heavy traffic backups through this construction zone. Fans are encouraged to visit www.royals.com/parking for information on the best routes to access the Truman Sports Complex.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.