Royals in the Community: July 26 to August 1
The Kansas City Royals return to Kauffman Stadium for a seven-game homestand against the Minnesota Twins (July 26-28) and Baltimore Orioles (July 29-August 1). The first-ever Royals Charities Broadcast Auction on July 27, presented by Fox Sports Kansas City, highlights a week full of events. Below is a listing of the club’s upcoming community efforts.
Monday, July 26 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
Tuesday, July 27 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· PLAY Clinic – The Royals and the Kansas City (Mo.) Office of Civic and Community Engagement team up with the Professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society (PBATS) to host a free PLAY (Promoting a Lifetime of Activity for Youth) clinic at Kauffman Stadium from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Royals’ pitcher Luke Hochevar will join Royals’ Head Athletic Trainer Nick Kenney and members of the Royals’ sports medicine staff to lead 125 pre-selected youth in exercises to promote health and wellness as well as baseball fundamentals.
· Royals Charities Broadcast Auction – Royals Charities and Fox Sports Kansas City partner for a special on-air auction, giving viewers the opportunity to bid on unique ballpark experiences or purchase an exclusive Royals ticket package. The auction begins at 6:30 p.m. during the Hy-Vee Royals LIVE pre-game show and continues throughout the telecast. For more information, visit www.royals.com/broadcastauction.
· Dream Factory – Throughout the season, the Royals grant the wishes of Dream Factory children. These youngsters, who face life-altering challenges, will meet Royals players, watch batting practice from the dugout, and enjoy the game and refreshments. Their Royals experience appears on the KMBC-TV (Channel 9) 10:00 p.m. newscast.
Wednesday, July 28 – Minnesota Twins vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
Thursday, July 29 – Baltimore Orioles vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· Buses for Baseball – The Major League Baseball Players Association hosts underprivileged children in all 30 ballparks through the Buses for Baseball program. The special guests will have a chance to meet with select Royals players and receive tickets, souvenirs, food and transportation.
Friday, July 30 – Baltimore Orioles vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· MLB Players Trust “City Clinic” – Billy Butler and Mitch Maier are among the players scheduled to host 250 children from Operation Breakthrough and the Boys & Girls Clubs during a baseball clinic for underprivileged children developed by – and featuring – current Major Leaguers in select cities across the country. The Kansas City clinic will be held at Cleveland Field (4299 Cleveland Ave. in Kansas City, Mo.) from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The Royals players are scheduled to participate from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. A number of former Major Leaguers will also be on hand to provide hands-on instruction. During each session, City Clinic attendees also participate in a question and answer session with the players and receive free T-shirts, autographs and refreshments. Please note that media members are invited to cover the event, but it is not open to the public.
Saturday, July 31 – Baltimore Orioles vs. Royals, 6:10 p.m.
Meet David DeJesus at Majestic Team Store – Outfielder David DeJesus will meet fans and sign autographs from noon to 1:00 p.m. at the Majestic Team Store at Kauffman Stadium.
State Farm Good Neighbor Award – Once a month throughout the season, State Farm Insurance honors a local organization that positively impacts the Kansas City area. Prior to the game, the State Farm Good Neighbor Award will be presented to the Kids with Courage Foundation. The organization, based in Lee’s Summit, Mo., helps children diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes and their families adjust to life after this devastating diagnosis.
Sunday, August 1 – Baltimore Orioles vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
· Royals Troopers – The Royals Grounds Crew welcomes select children who have a parent deployed through the United States military efforts overseas to join them in game preparations as part of the Royals Troopers program. The honored kids will help prepare the field prior to the game and will receive game tickets and Royals merchandise.