Homestand Highlights: June 15-17
Interleague Play returns to Kauffman Stadium as the Kansas City Royals host the Houston Astros for a three-game series, June 15-17, before heading back on the road. The brief homestand is filled with special events and promotions, including a T-Shirt Tuesday and first-ever Free Hot Dog Night.
Tuesday, June 15 – Houston Astros vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· T-Shirt Tuesday – The first 20,000 fans receive an exclusive Royals script T-shirt presented by Sprint.
Wednesday, June 16 – Houston Astros vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· Special on-field announcement from Major League Baseball – The Royals are inviting fans with tickets for Wednesday’s game to join us for a special announcement from Commissioner Bud Selig at 5:00 p.m. Gates to Kauffman Stadium will open early at 4:30 p.m.
· Free Hot Dog Night – All fans in attendance will receive a free hot dog courtesy of Farmland Foods! Fans will receive a voucher good for a free hot dog as they enter Kauffman Stadium.
Thursday, June 17 – Houston Astros vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
· Youth Night – Hy-Vee Infield seats are just $3 for youth 14 and under at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office. There is a limit of three discounted tickets for every one regularly-priced ticket for the same game. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
· Top Gun Night – The Royals are bringing back that lovin’ feeling for Top Gun Night at The K. A Top Gun-themed costume contest and trivia showdown will take place in the Outfield Experience prior to the game with special prizes awarded to contest winners in both categories. And because being a “wingman” is more enjoyable on a full stomach, the Royals have paired up this event with INK College Night. www.royals.com/topgun.
· INK College Night – www.royals.com/college.
Fans may purchase tickets online at royals.com, by calling 1-800-6ROYALS, at area Hy-Vee stores or at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office.