Great Home Opener!
All weather aside…it was an amazing 2008 home opener!
- Joey Gathright brought his speed home with him and stole three bases. The team stole five total.
- Brian Bannister allowed just two runs and struck out six. His ERA for the season is a nice 1.50.
- And, another impressive pitching note: Four Royals relievers combined to toss four scoreless innnings to close out the game (and the win!) for Banny.
- CrownVision was a HUGE hit! And, we are talking H-U-G-E hit!
- Joakim Soria = lights out! The closer retired all three batters he faced for save No. 4.
- Country music sensation (and home opener National Anthem performers) Emerson Drive announced they will return to The K on July 26 for a special on-field concert. Details here.
- Six Royals players contributed with two-hit performances.
- A-Rod struck out four times.
- Early morning Greater Kansas City Day newspaper selling was cold and wet, but still a great time for everyone…even mascot Sluggerrr.
- Did we mention? After today’s win over New York, the Royals are 5-2 in 2008!
So, pretty great Opening Day at The K, right?
On Wednesday, we host the Welcome Home Luncheon before heading back to Kauffman for round two with the Yankees. Zack Greinke takes the mound against Ian Kennedy at 7:10 p.m. If you aren’t out at The K to catch the game in person, tune in to 610 Sports radio or FSN Kansas City…enjoy!