Royals Celebrate Black History Month
In celebration of Black History Month, the Royals are pleased to honor the newest members of the Black Achievers Society of Greater Kansas City. Throughout this month, the honorees will be featured on the team’s official website, royals.com.
The Royals are proud to partner with the Greater Kansas City Chapter of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (SCLC) to recognize local African American leaders in business and industry.
The mission of the Black Achievers Society is to actively respond to the educational, social, and economic needs of the community by providing role models for blacks and minority youth, and to share knowledge gained through academic and corporate experience. Originally formed in 1974, more than 400 recipients have joined this distinguished group.
The newest members of the Black Achievers Society include:
- Dr. Andrea Hendricks, UMB Bank
- Dr. Bonnie Barclay, Fort Dodge Animal Health
- Marshaun Butler, MHSA, Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics
- Shirley Cooper, Hallmark Cards
- Donna Crosswhite, Sprint
- Kevin Cullen, Sprint
- Jairo De Jesus, Farmland Foods
- Luevina Huskey, YRC Worldwide
- William A. Johnson, Board of Public Utilities
- Yolanda Marlow, YRC Worldwide
- Carlton H. May, Honeywell, FM&T
- Callie Merritt, Embarq
- Carles Miller, Burns & McDonnell
- C. Pete Peoples, YRC Worldwide
- Derrick Robinson, Embarq
- Patricia A. Thomas, M.D., M.A., FCAP, Kansas University Medical Center
Read individual bios for each new member here.