An eventful couple of days for the Royals…
Because of the tragic incidents revolving around the I-35W bridge collapse in Minnesota, the Royals-Twins 12:10 p.m. game Thursday has been postponed. The game has not been rescheduled at this time, but we’ll let you know when we hear anything further. On behalf of the Royals family, our thoughts and prayers go out to those impacted by this disaster as well as the Minneapolis community.
The team will continue their road trip, heading to New York for a three-game, weekend series against the New York Yankees that begins Friday, 6:05 p.m.
RSTN TELEVISES OMAHA GAME: On Thursday, as previously scheduled, RSTN will head to Omaha to broadcast the Triple-A O-Royals 7 p.m. contest against the Las Vegas 51s, the Triple-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers. It will mark the second O-Royals game RSTN has broadcast this season – RSTN previously broadcasted Omaha’s 4-3 win over the Iowa Cubs on July 12. Dave Armstrong and Royals Hall of Fame second baseman Frank White will once again be in the booth. Right-hander Matt Wright (6-3, 4.11 ERA) is scheduled to throw for Omaha.
ROSTER MOVES RECAP: Prior to their 10th inning, 5-3 win over the Twins Wednesday, the Royals made a series of roster moves. So, just in case you need a recap:
- - Outfielder Reggie Sanders was placed on the 15-day D.L. with a left hamstring tear.
- - Outfielder Joey Gathright was recalled from Omaha.
- - Right-handed pitcher Kyle Davies, who was acquired yesterday from the Atlanta Braves for Octavio Dotel, has joined the team.
- - Right-handed pitcher Ryan Braun has been recalled from Omaha.
- - Left-handed pitcher Jorge De La Rosa was placed on the 15-day D.L. with a left elbow strain.
- - Right-handed pitcher Scott Elarton cleared waivers and is now a free agent.
- - Right-handed pitcher Jason Shiell, who was designated for assignment on Sunday, cleared waivers and accepted his assignment to Omaha.